How to plant a seedling
Need some helping planting your new trees?
Is this your first time planting a seedling? Here are some quick tips and basic instructions to help! If you still need help, send a note to our forestry team and they’d be happy to help!
- Plant your seedlings as soon as you can!
- Keep your seedlings cool and moist (especially the roots)
- Handle your seedlings carefully to ensure you don’t break the branches and roots
How to plant your seedlings
- Dig a wedge-shaped hole that’s deep enough to cover the roots.
- Without bending or twisting the roots, place the seedling in the hole. don’t worry about adjusting the roots unless they’re wrapped around the stem.
- Put the soil back in the hole. Hold the seedling upright and plant it so the “root collar” is level with the ground.
- Gently pack the soil around the seedlings to remove air pockets.