Welcome to the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority’s Open Data portal. We’re glad you’re here! Open data is a tremendous resource that can help guide decisions and drive innovation. Please explore our sites and use the data to analyze information, combine open datasets using maps, or meet your specific data needs.
By downloading data from our sites you are agreeing to the terms of the Open Data Licence, outlined below.
Water Data Viewer
Access real-time environmental monitoring data collected through field research, instrumentation and long-term studies.
View river levels, ground water, lake conditions, water quality and more using the Water Viewer.
GIS Open Data
Looking to access GIS data for the Lake Simcoe watershed, find that using our GIS Data Portal.
Explore, download and analyze datasets through our GIS Data Portal.
Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority Open Data Licence (“Licence")
Using Information under this Licence
- Your Use of the Information made available under this Licence indicates Your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
- Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority (“the Authority”) grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive Licence to Use the Information subject to the conditions below.
- This Licence does not give you copyright or other proprietary interest in the Information. This Licence does not affect any other copyright exceptions and limitations available under the Copyright Act (Canada).
You are free to:
- Copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information;
- Adapt the Information; and
- Use the Information commercially for example, by combining it with other Information or by including it in your own product or application.
You must, where You do any of the above:
- Acknowledge the source of the Information by including the following attribution statement specified by the Authority and, where possible, provide a link to this Licence:
“Contains Information made available under Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority Open Data Licence v1.0.”
- Ensure that You do not Use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Authority endorses You or Your Use of the Information;
- Ensure that You do not misrepresent the Information or its source; and
- Ensure that Your Use of the Information does not breach or infringe any applicable laws.
These are important conditions that must be met under this Licence, and if You fail to comply with them, the rights granted to You under this Licence will end automatically.
Despite any rights granted herein, this Licence does not apply to the Use of:
- Personal Information;
- Third party rights the Authority is not authorized to license; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks and official marks, and design rights.
The Information is licensed “as is” and the Authority excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities whether express or implied, in relation to the Information.
The Authority is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its Use, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
You shall indemnify and save harmless the Authority, its directors and officers, its representatives and employees (collectively, the “Indemnitee”) from and against any and all liabilities, damages, costs or expenses awarded against or incurred or suffered by the Indemnitee arising out of any action or proceeding commenced or maintained by any entity in respect of Your Use of the Information.
This Licence is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada.
In this Licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- “Information” means information or data protected by copyright that is expressly made available under the terms of this Licence
- “The Authority” means Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
- “Licence” means The Association of Conservation Authorities of Ontario Open Data Licence
- “Personal Information” has the meaning set out in section 2 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Ontario
- “Use” as a verb, means doing any act which is restricted by copyright, whether in the original medium or in any other medium, and includes without limitation distributing, copying, adapting, modifying as may be technically necessary to use it in a different mode or format
- “You” or “Your” means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, as applicable, acquiring rights under this Licence
This is version 1.0 of Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority Open Data Licence. The Authority may make changes to the terms of this Licence from time to time and issue a new version of the Licence. Your Use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the Licence in force as of the date you accessed the Information.
The Authority has developed this Licence as a tool to enable it to license the Use of its Information under an open licence. This Licence is based on a number of Open Government/Open Data licences and has been adapted for the Authority.
Information made available is not intended to constitute advice nor is it to be used as a substitute for specific advice from a licensed professional. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based upon the Information without independently verifying the Information and, as necessary, obtaining professional advice regarding your particular facts and circumstances. The Information made available is not intended to be used and should not be used for navigational purposes.
The Information provided is for information purposes only. Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority assumes no responsibility for the correctness of the Information, nor liability to any User of such Information, regardless of the purpose.