The Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority

Riverine Flood Status
Lake Simcoe Shoreline Status
Low Water Status

Do I Need a Permit

If you are planning to do any work near a lake, river, stream, steep slope or wetland, you may require approval from us because the area may be regulated.

The following work requires permission in a regulated area:

  • the construction, reconstruction, erection or placing of a building or structure of any kind;
  • changes that would alter the use, or potential use, of a building or structure;
  • increasing the size of a building or structure, or increasing the number of dwelling units in the building or structure
  • site grading;
  • the temporary or permanent placing, dumping or removal of any material originating on the site or elsewhere;
  • the straightening, changing, diverting or interfering with the existing channel of a river, creek, stream or watercourse; or changing or interfering with a wetland.

If you are not in a regulated area, then a permit is not needed from us. You should still contact your local municipality (and also any applicable government agency) because they may require one.​​

View Permit and Application Fees

Violation/Retroactive, Application Fee

This application and fee are submitted by an owner or applicant with the intent of obtaining Authority approval for works which were completed without first obtaining a permit from the Conservation Authority. Submission of this application and payment of the required fee does not imply that Authority approval will be granted. All works must comply with the Conservation Authorities Act and Regulation prior to a permit being issued.

Site Clearance

These are given in special circumstances. For details, speak with one of our Environmental Regulations Analysts.

Office Hours

Our new public office hours will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
We highly recommend making an appointment in advance to ensure there is staff available to help you. 

Our team continues to work remotely. We are available via email, video or voice conference using Microsoft Teams or ZOOM. Please reach out to your planning or regulations contact by email about your file.

Scroll to Top