"Pop Up" Scanlon School
Just because school is out doesn’t mean learning has to stop. Our team of Ontario Certified Teachers (OCT), Forest School Practitioners and Outdoor Education Specialists are geared up to provide a positive learning experience for students during temporary school closures.
Students will explore the forests, meadows and wetlands at Scanlon Creek Conservation Area as they learn through our hands-on curriculum-linked outdoor education activities.
Please note, this program is only offered when/if school closures occur. Please check back for registration information in the future.
Be the first to know about new dates when they become available. Join our mailing list.
Follow your curiosities! Student interests will lead the way for our daily activities. Some activity highlights include:
- Participate in outdoor education programs including orienteering, wildlife tracking, shelter building and more.
- Have fun and make new friends through a variety of outdoor games and various nature-based activities.
- There are also games, books, crafts, worksheets and animal artifacts for you to explore during down time (and during extreme weather!) in the Scanlon Creek Nature Centre.
- Spaces are limited and registration is on a first-come first-serve basis
- Registrations for days on which schools are re-opened will be eligible for a full refund