Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
We envision a thriving environment that inspires and sustains us for generations to come. Our mission is to work with our community to protect and restore the Lake Simcoe watershed by leading research, policy and action. LSRCA:
- Protects peoples and property from flooding, through regulating land use, understanding and providing advance notice of flood risk, and protecting flood plains and other hazard lands
- Encourages public understanding and protection of our watershed
- Performs on the ground work such as tree planting, stream bank stabilization, low impact development
- Uses science, research and monitoring to support our work and track progress
- Acquires natural areas to support public recreation or to protect sensitive features in the watershed
With a home office in Newmarket, we are one of 36 conservation authorities located in Ontario. Conservation authorities are mandated to ensure the conservation, restoration and responsible management of Ontario’s water, land and natural habitats through programs that balance human, environmental and economic needs.
How you can help
If you would like to improve the health of the Lake Simcoe watershed – there’s lots you can do!
Every little bit helps to provide funding to projects and programs designed to protect and restore Lake Simcoe.
We count on our volunteers to help support what we do. They are a vital part of our success!